Saturday, December 5, 2009
Bib with initials
went to visit some family 2 weeks ago for the holiday and knowing
my cousin had a new baby just had to crochet something! With limited
time, I found a basic bib pattern but altered it.
Instead of leaving it plain, I put the baby's initials on it. I also made
the strap in the back different by connecting it instead of putting fussy
buttons or velcro on it. I used a different size hook too.
It came out pretty cute and sturdy!
I'd love to see what you did with this pattern! If you like, e-mail your picture to me and I'll post it here with a link to your page if you like!
So here is the pattern my way:
Crochet Hook size H/8
Yarn: I had a 50g ball but didn't use all of it, of course because it's for a baby
it should be soft but also durable
Two colors of yarn
1)With main color, chain 20
2)Single crochet in 2nd chain from hook and in each chain across.
3)Ch 1, turn. Single crochet 2 times in first stitch, then in each
stitch to last stitch, 2 single crochet in last stitch.
4)Ch 1, turn.Single crochet in each stitch to end of row.
5) Repeat last two rows 3 times more.
6) Continue with single crochet once in every stitch until
work is about 6 inches from beginning. End with
right side facing.
7) Chain 1. 1 single crochet in each of first 6 stitches,
single crochet 2 together to decrease. turn, leaving remaining stitches
8) Chain 1. Single crochet 2 together over first two stitches.
1 single crochet in each stitch to end of row.
9) Turn, chain 1. 1 single crochet in each stitch to last 2 stitches.
Single crochet 2 together.
10) Turn, single crochet in each stitch for 10 rows.
11) Turn, chain 1 (wrong side facing). 2 single crochet in first stitch.
Single crochet in each stitch to last 2 stitches, single crochet 2 together.
12) Chain 1 , turn. Single crochet 2 together. Single crochet in each stitch
until last stitch, 2 single crochet in last stitch.
13)Repeat last two rows twice more.
14) Fasten off
15) Now, take your contrasting color yarn and single crochet once in each
stitch around bib and strap. only did this once, but you can repeat it again if you like, or
do ruffles by double crocheting 4 times in each stitch. Fasten off.
17) now, sew the strap onto the other side of the bib.
16) Now, if you like you can embroider on initials, appliques, days of the week, anything.